Prostate cancer is one of the most common forms of cancer, and affects millions of men every year. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to detect this cancer in its initial stages. However, there are many warning signs which you should pay attention to. The most common symptoms for prostate cancer in men are:
1. Difficulty while Urinating: You may experience various difficulties while trying to urinate. You may notice that the flow is extremely weak, and you are taking a lot of time to empty off your entire bladder. You may also notice, that you had to wait a long period of time, before you eventually start urinating. Sometimes you may also experience severe pain while urinating. Remember, that pain during urinating happens because of a lot of reasons. In most cases, it may be because of an infection. But still it is better to get it checked by the doctor.
2. Increased frequency: Another major symptom is the increased frequency of your urination. This happens especially more during the night. You will feel the urge to urinate almost every half an hour. And even after urinating, you will have the feeling that your bladder is not fully empty. After you finish urinating, sometimes a little more urine may drip out and wet your underwear.
3. Unnatural coughing or chest pain. Sometimes, the prostate cancer spreads to your lungs. You may notice a cough that doesn’t go away in spite of taking all the normal medications. Or you may also suffer from a severe chest pain.
4. Back pain: This kind of cancer also sometimes spreads over to the spinal cord region. It may result in a long lasting back pain or pain in the lower thigh area or in the hips. Back pain can also happen due to other reasons. If it stays for a long period of time, you should consult a doctor.
5. Painful erections: This is one of the major symptoms of prostate cancer. You may face difficulty in getting an erection or difficulty in maintaining the erection for a long period of time. Sometimes, erections can also be extremely painful and will interfere with your daily life.
6. Blood in the urine: This is also another major symptom. Most people suffering from this type of cancer, will notice blood in their urine. As a result, the color of your semen will also become reddish.
7. Poor appetite or pain in the bones: In advanced cases, men also suffer from other symptoms apart from the above ones. Sometimes the appetite gets reduced and you may feel tired very frequently. If it spreads to the bones, then it will result in severe bone pain.