Someone has rightly said that, “The eyes are the windows of the soul.” And that is why you should never take your eyes for granted!
Plus it’s a technology driven era. Most of the phone is done through laptops, mobiles or other gadgets which strain our eyes at end of the day. Most of us work for more than 9 hours a day on screens making it worse for our eyesight. With our jobs requiring this, we are left with little choice. However the measures we can undertake to protect our eyesight should not be ignored. Follow the below mentioned guidelines to maintain the healthy quality of your eyes:
- Eat a healthy diet
- You can eat a variety of foods to boost the life of your eyes. Eat fish which is rich in omega-3 fatty acids as it helps reduce the risk of getting macular degeneration. You can buy its tablets online at a lesser price by availing HealthKart coupons present on CashKaro.com. Include antioxidants in your diet too as studies show that have the ability of reducing the chances of Cataracts. You can get your antioxidant dose through leafy vegetables and fruits.
- Go for regular eye check-ups
- Most eye care experts recommend that you should get your eyes checked every 1-2 year. If any vision problem is detected at an early stage, it can be cured in a better manner and before it gets big. However the frequency of getting eyes checked also depends upon age. If your age is above 65, it is best to get your eyes checked almost every 6-7 months. If your children are young, get their eyes checked every year or two so as to not hamper their learning process.
- Wear sunglasses
- Protecting your eyes from the harsh and harmful rays of sun is not optional for you, but in fact mandatory! When choosing sunglasses, don’t just consider the style and brand. But also the quality. Read the label to find out the percentage of protection they provide. It’s a myth that darker the tint of the sunglasses, the more protection they provide. However, it’s nothing like that. You can shop for stylish, affordable and high quality sunglasses without disturbing your budget by using Lenskart coupons via CashKaro.com.
- Do eye exercises at least once a week
- Doing eye exercises at regular intervals can go a long way in reducing the strain caused to your eyes through long hours spent on computers. In fact, even a simple exercise such as walking can benefit you immensely. There are many eye exercises which you can do on weekends and they hardly require some minutes. A popular one is holding a pen at your stretched hand’s distance matching the center of your eyes. Keep staring at it and slowly move it slowly to your eyes. Then move it away from your eyes and still keep looking at it. Your eyes will water a lot but that is okay.
- Stop staring at the computer screen
- It is a widely known fact that we blink our eyes much less when we sit in front of our computer. Set an alarm in your phone which reminds you of looking away from your screen every 20 minutes and blink often then. Plus you should get up from your seat every 2 hours at least and take a 10 minutes break. Use anti-glare screens and wear anti-glare glasses to reduce the negative effects.
Follow these guidelines diligently to maintain your eyesight and to give a long healthy life to your eyes!