Well, we all know that smoking is injurious to health. Still, many people prefer smoking. However, at some point of time, they realize the harsh effects of tobacco and think of getting out of the addiction.
- Smoking cessation or stopping smoking is not an easy task for the chain smoker or people who are habitual to such addiction. Hence, there are many quit smoking programs for such people to encourage them to quit smoking.
- This is to help such peoples with the improved life quality and enhance the longevity of the life. Hence, there are many options to acquire in order to stopping smoking.
- One can benefit from various quit smoking programs. Out of many, there are drugs, medication, nicotine replacement therapy, hypnosis therapy, and other such things that are used to help the addicts in quitting smoking.
How smoker can benefit from smoking cessation?
- Enhanced life
- Healthy lifestyle
- Become active and healthy
- Get rid of addiction
This is applicable only if the smoker is giving in the best for the quit smoking program. Mostly, the sessions are of 15 to 30 minutes duration. Generally, there are 4 sessions. These cessions programs last for at least 2 weeks. However, the longer the program is gives the better results. There are many ways of taking part in such programs i.e. by participating telephonic help, quit smoking programs and classes, online training sessions, so on and so forth. Patients are taken as part of regular therapeutic programs or for refreshment and lifestyle management courses. Often through medicines and often through lifestyle modification and counseling sessions, patients are incorporated to new world of therapies and a better lifestyle without the ill effects of nicotine.
Some do’s and don’ts:
However, there are many do’s and don’ts for helping the smoker to quit. This will surely benefit the quitter.
- It is the responsibility of the friends and family to support and encourage the smoker in quitting the smoking.
- One should always praise the smoker for such initiative instead of making fun of them. It is not an easy step to take. It is a challenging task for the smoker to quit smoking program. Let them make believe that you are always there by their side to listen to them, what they feel and think.
- Spend time with the quitter in order to give them assurance that you are with them in this initiative. Indulge them in different activities so that you can keep them off the smoking or make them forget about it or completely involve them in other activities.
- Remove things that propel them to smoke such as lighters, ashtrays, and other such things. Keep the ambience, fresh by applying room freshener. Besides, to make them feel rid of the smell of the smoke by involving them in chores like cooking, babysitting, or other such activities.
- Do not drag them into such conversations, which provoke them to smoke. Do not involve them in intense arguments.
- Do not nag, preach, or tease them for such habit or the initiative of quitting smoking. This is very sensitive period of the life of the quitter. This can act as repulsive actions and provoke them to smoke.
- Do not offer them unnecessary advices. They tend to get confused or can go back into smoking. Do not remind them they are quitter or smoker.
- Do not blame or make them guilt conscious. Instead, try to praise them for the task. Make sure they do not relapse again into smoking. They often get back to smoking after quitting.
Hence, keep these things in mind to help the smoker to quit through quit smoking programs.